Hi. My name is Louise McKeown and I am the Registered Manager at Pennine Lodge. I have worked in dementia care homes since 1991. I am qualified to Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Health and Social care and have worked in three care homes during my career, as both Deputy and Manager.
I am married to Eddie and I have 3 children – Jessica, Katie and Jake, as well as a grandson named Carson.
In my spare time I like to read, swim and go to the gym. I also like to go out socialising with friends and family.
The Pennine Lodge Registered Manager is responsible for:
- The safe running of the home.
- Maintaining positive relationships with external and internal bodies.
- Overseeing all staff within the homes to ensure they run smoothly.
- Dealing with compliments and complaints.
- Reporting to local authorities and the CQC.
- Internal reporting via audits.
- On call for the home.
- Organising training and development of staff.
- Overseeing the transaction processing, controls/reconciliations and monitoring of the internal accounting function – including treasury, purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control and preparation of the monthly management accounts for Board review.
- Performance forecasting and budgeting and presenting to the Board.
- Development and reporting of financial KPI’s.
- Development and implementation of the financial control environment.
- Having a hands-on presence within the care team.
- Ensuring all areas of clinical compliance are maintained.
- Ensuring all audits are completed and reporting findings to the managing director.
- Undertaking pre admission assessments and formulating person-centred care plans.
- Providing guidance to staff and implementing clinical care effectively.
- Liaising with health professionals to review and monitor. complex care and general health needs.