My name is Gail Hall, and I am the deputy manager at Pennine Lodge. I have worked in the care sector for the past 30 years. I have a level 5 qualification in leadership and management in health and social care. I started as a care assistant and worked my way up the ladder. In my previous employment, I worked as deputy manager and also the manager of a care home.
I am married to Dave. I have two children and three grandchildren.
In my spare time, I like to go for walks with our cavapoo Reggie. Spend time with the grandchildren and getaway in our caravan.
The Pennine Lodge Deputy Manager is responsible for:
- Deputising in all areas of management in the absence of the home manager.
- Overseeing and having a hands-on presence within the clinical team.
- Undertaking pre-admission assessments and formulating person-centred care plans.
- Managing the safe administration of medication and controlled drugs to the ladies and gentlemen in our care.
- Ensuring that clinical supervisions and competencies for the care staff are completed.
- Ensuring all areas of clinical compliance are maintained.
- Completing audits and reporting findings to the manager.
- Providing guidance to staff and implementing clinical care effectively.
- Liaising with health professionals to review and monitor complex care and general health needs.
- Promoting and developing the ladies and gentlemen’s mental well-being in our care by ensuring recreational activity is person-centred and relevant to their life story.
- Completing staffing rotas and ensuring highly effective skill mix is maintained across the home.
- Providing On-Call cover across the home.